So for those of you who don’t know I am a College Marketing Rep for Warner Music.
Let me just start off to say I love this job! It’s honestly a lot more demanding than I anticipated, but already I’ve learned so much about the industry and how to successfully market an artist. I’ve had a few internships in the entertainment industry, but with WMG I am finally getting to do exactly what I want.
So what do I do…?
Lol, but no really it’s a lot of work but its tons of fun.
I am one of the DC marketing reps, and basically its my job to enhance the exposure of our WMG artist throughout the DC area. Some of those things include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate artist events on campus such as tabling events where I display all of our artists paraphernalia.
- Cultivate relationships with different DJs and tastemakers to promote our artists
- Handle social media accounts
- Attend and help with concerts, gauging the audience’s reaction
- Set up Interviews with local radio stations with our artists
- Submit bi-weekly reports
- Network and learn the ropes of the business
It’s honestly one of the best jobs any student could ask for, especially if you have a passion to be in the industry.
Here are some pics from an event I had sometime last week.
Here is me and Zach (the other DC rep)
What internships and jobs have you all had? How was your experience?
Need an internship? Let me know if you guys want tips on how to land the perfect internship!
Check out a few of our links below!